BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 29, 2009

Don't Yell at me

You know a surefire way to make me become unhelpful really really fast? Yell at me. Oh and don't forget accuse me of doing something wrong towards you. I hate people sometimes. And I'm sorry these patients were of a certain nationality, I do not want to be racist but it seems to happen mostly with them. So I do not know why I was surprised to get such an ugly phone call. I tell everyone that calls the exact same information and this woman is telling me that I told her there would be reimbursement. I'm sorry but when you go to the doctor your health insurance card is not a debit card. Nor is it a bank that automatically pays for your visit. Yes, you will have to get out your credit card or your money and pay me cus guess what? The doctor is NOT FUCKING FREE. Yeah, she went through 8 years of med school so that she can treat your fucked up back for free. Are you stupid? Like really at one point when she was asking why she had to pay the office visit fee I wanted to ask her that exact question. REALLY?!? Are you kidding me? Wow... enough of that. Sometimes I really hate people... oh and she yells at me for the payment and she made us wait 2 hours for her to show up cus she called as an emergency. We waited over an hour after we closed because we told her we would take her. Her 30 minutes til we get there turned into 2 hours. Let me tell you, one of the last times I will be that helpful for someone that I do not know in the office.

In other things... I got through midterms. Let me tell you... that midterm for fundamentals... it was a doozy. I appreciate the way she did it though because she showed us what boards could be like. They aren't going to be super easy. I got an 89, would have been better if I hadn't made stupid mistakes, but I hopefully have learned from it and will now know what to expect on the final. I'm not going to fail any of my classes but I really need to buckle down and study hard for the last 7 weeks. The foundations (essentially my history class of China and Chinese Medicine) midterm was 4 essays (take-home). It was 5 pages long and included a lot of the knowledge that he gave us over the first 6 weeks. It was fun though, they were not strict questions they were very "you're having a convo with your Aunt Eleanor, what would you tell her about this...." types of questions. The bio midterm, was bio. I hate biology and I am not excited for the 2 science classes I have to take next semester. At all. Though I do get to take my Anatomy I class with Milo look-alike. That's delicious in all ways... be a little nicer if he would cut his effing hair. His shirts for the last couple of weeks have been his size so it is nice to see the runner body but my god man... cut your hair. There are females in the room lol. Give us some eye candy.

Made my schedule for next semester. No clinic hours for me yet, I must take it a bit slowly so clinic will be in the winter semester. For now I will have Tui Na Hand Techniques and Tui Na Structural Techniques, Anatomy I, Principles of BioChemisty, Fundamentals 2 and Herboloby I. I didn't take anatomy this semester so I can't do acupuncture points yet. PPPPPPOOOOOOOOPPPPP. But I'm okay with being in school a bit longer than everyone else. I have a good job and I need to keep it. Without it I can't afford to go to school! Vicious cycle if I do say so myself.

Somedays it's a bit scary knowing that I have been at this job for 1.5 years. I miss waiting tables sometimes, I'm sure I will eventually go back to it for a bit. Just for the fast money! But until then. What's scarier is knowing that I potentially have this job for practically the next decade. Job security my friends, job security. Now I just wish the money tree would grow in my backyard and then I would have monetary security. Cus right now the lack of money is frightening. FRIGHTENING. When I get my refund check in September I am correcting what went wrong this time.

I will be 27 in 11 days. Commence the freaking out. Plans are shaping up though so it will most certainly be fun! Please don't rain mother nature. PLEASE. By July though, it is usually hotter than balls here on the East Coast, in the armpit of the United States. We have no middle ground. Ok this is a long post. Back to work for me. Then home to do some studying and some reading!

3 comments:

rachaelgking said...

Congrats on the midterms! And don't freak out at 27... 27's the new 22! :-)

Sparkling Red said...

I go through the same thing with patients when their public health insurance card is invalid. They don't understand: just because you don't usually have to pay doesn't mean it's free. The provincial health card is a method of payment - it's just that the gov't picks up the tab. If you let the card expire because you're careless, you'd better be prepared to shell out some cash!

Bird Shit said...

I miss 27...I'm going to be 30 next week!