BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 4, 2008

Coming to a close

We are currently sitting at the Atlanta, Georgia Airport. Our flight leaves for Jersey in a little under 2 hours. Can we talk about how much I have no desire to go home after spending 10 fabulous, sunny, non-humid, ocean-filled and stress-free days in California? We did not spend much time in San Diego… besides walking around the Gaslamp Quarter for hours on end the first day, walking around Comic-Con for a few hours the second day, picking Bryan and River up the third day from Comic-Con after their epic fail and then driving down to the beach and taking the wrong road a few days ago. But Balboa Park was very cool, the few parts we saw at least. We went to LA on Friday… confusing large city when all you have is part of a day and don’t know where anything is. Thank something for GPS and Yahoo on my Crackberry… we found many cool places. Grauman’s Chinese Theater was wicked fun. All the crazy people dressed up like different characters was interesting to see… especially fat Spiderman. The stars on the walk of fame really did not do anything for me, but the hands and feet in cement were exciting. I loved finding John Wayne, Greta Garbo and JUDY GARLAND! I am a huge Wizard of Oz freak and that was just fanfreakingtastic. I took tons of pictures of all these cement blocks. We saw the Hollywood sign, the Capitol Building, the Whiskey Bar, the Roxy, High Voltage Tattoo (LA Ink to all those that have no idea), Mel’s Drive-In (yeah American Graffiti) and Epitaph Records… even if it was nothing more than a non-descript building. I knew what it was and that was more than enough for me.

Saturday was filled with the Pacific Ocean and wandering around Oceanside some more. We did a ton of walking during vacation and it was too beautiful to take a car everywhere. Hung out with Jhery most of the afternoon and evening. I like that River can pick up with these friends that he has had for years after not seeing each other for ages and it is like no time has passed. Sunday was more of the same… very lazy… went to a delicious pizza place, watched a movie with Jhery, packed, napped while the boys played with computer programs, picked up some more souvenirs and then hit the road for the airport. I can not talk enough about how much I enjoy driving down these huge highways in California doing 85+ mph. I love to drive fast and that just rocks. Sadly, being at the airport was wicked depressing (sometimes you would think I was from Boston, with my overuse of the word wicked). I am in love with California, absolutely in love. The few parts that I saw were fantastic. Even the panic attack that came along with being back in a huge city (LA) was worth it all.

Overall, this vacation was perfect. Okay nothing is perfect and there are a few regrets: 1. we did not go to Mexico… it was not even 40 minutes away and we did not go 2. The tattoo… right now I cannot even think about it without wanting to put my fist through a wall 3. And not going to the Ocean EVERYDAY. And not a regret, but had I known about this contact photodermatitis, I would not have had to go to the freaking doctor and get medicine for my freaking skin. And now I am peeling. I can tan though… my feet look hysterical. Sadly I can not use sunscreen and go in the sun… and being in the sun for too long is just way too risky LOL. Once again, at least when I am 50 I will look super young. We had a great time… River got to do Comic-Con and had the flu (figures) and I broke out and shared his flu… but holy Christmas I would do it again in a heartbeat. Live and Learn. 10 days away from the 50+ hour/7 day work week, from the bullshit, from family, from stress, etc is amazing for the soul. The only thing I missed was the puppies, they were well taken care of but man did I miss those bitches. In 4 hours, I will love all over them.

I need a freaking nap… Airtran Airways sucks. These planes are awful… like a sardine can. A person can not sleep and being on the redeye and not sleeping is painful. I cannot wait for work to be over today so I can shower, throw on pajamas and go to bed with River and my dogs. Ooooo an hour left til the plane boards. I am writing this sitting in front of the window where the plane is, so this will be posted in a few hours. Sigh… I miss California. I do not miss New Jersey humidity… or any humidity for that matter. I left my heart in Cali.

0 comments: