BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 22, 2008

- 8 degrees below


Oak Tree, Snowstorm, Yosemite National Park, California, 1948
Photograph by Ansel Adams



I love Ansel Adams. I do not know what it is about his photographs but I feel calm when I look at them. I love black and white photos as well. And most people that know me, know I have a weird thing for trees. I really don't know what it is about them but trees make me happy. I take pictures of them all the time. There is something about how they branch out and grow wild that I love.

You want to know something that does not make me happy? Fucking -8 degree temperatures with the wind chill. Excuse my potty mouth, but I am pretty amazed that I have kept it tame on this blog. (My favorite thing someone once told me about myself is that I could offend a sailor with my mouth) But for real... it is FUCKING cold. I am bundled up like no one's business. I have leggings, leg warmers, knee socks, my pants, a long sleeve shirt, a thick sweater, my coat, gloves, hat and scarf on and all I want is my blanket, River and the dogs. I want to hibernate. That would be lovely. And drink hot chocolate all day long. And catch up on all the movies that I have been meaning to watch. Sigh.

2 comments:

KatBouska said...

I just love the transition from trees to the weather. Too funny.

And you should fee free to say fuck on your own blog...I hate worrying about my language and I live vicariously through bloggers who embrace fuck.

-8 degrees below?? Noooooo thank you.

ps I don't know how I got sucked in to Momma's Boys either!?! I was just minding my own busines...caught a couple scenes here and there, but never comitted. Now I'm hooked.

L said...

I adore Ansel Adams, I have for years. A large coffee table book of his photos is about five feet away from me lol.