BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" Eleanor Roosevelt
I need to read this woman's biography. So many of her quotes apply to life. This quote keeps reoccurring in my life these days. I am tired of being made to feel inferior at my one job. It is time for me to move on. I live near Hoboken... there are a billion restaurants in this town, give or take a few. How can one judge you without even testing you? What is it about me that makes someone think that I will fail? How do you tell an employee that without giving me a chance to prove to you what I can do? Or are you just coming up with bullshit so that you don't have to give me a better position? So... when I give you my notice and your other employees are upset because you are losing someone who fits so perfectly and so competently then it will be on your head. I do not understand this management style... but then again apparently no one does. I am tired of being jerked around when there are other places where I could make good money and not have so much drama. It is a shame because I know the place I currently work would be awesome for my bank account but if the opportunity is not there then I need to move on. And it bothers me that I will not work with so many of these awesome people anymore, but what can ya do? I can't stay there and respect myself anymore. I have done that too often in the past. I can no longer stay somewhere that makes me unhappy.

At least my other job rocks my socks. We have the Arts and Music Festival coming up tomorrow which will definitely make the office busy. Extra hours, health fairs, maybe moving to a bigger office and probably going to school in the next year all to further my career and to make me a bigger asset to the office is exciting stuff.

Now I must go and work and get excited for a nap in between jobs today. Man I'm so tired and I have barely eaten in days. Something is not so right but it will pass!

0 comments: