BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Exhausted

and it is totally worth it. Went to The Dark Knight last night at 12:01. Got to the theater around 9:30 which landed us the 8th and 9th position on line. Which also landed us seats right behind the rail in the center. Prime spots for viewing. I have never heard so much clapping and cheering as a movie came on. I have never heard so much clapping as when the movie ended. I am in love with Heath Ledger, more than ever. Can I tell you that his performance was FUCKING AMAZING? If he does not win an Oscar for his portrayal of a psychopathic killer then there is something wrong with people. Yeah I'm gonna say it... Jack Nicholson who? Heath Ledger is the Joker the way I think the Joker is meant to be played. I still love Jack and his Joker was what that movie called for but Chris Nolan has blown the concept of Batman out of the water. I feel bad for anyone that even tries to attempt to make another one at some point. And I am dying inside that we will never see the Joker again in these movies... there is no one that could replace what Heath Ledger did in that film and I shudder at the mere idea of trying. The Joker/Batman dynamic in this movie is just... I can't believe we won't get to see that play out more. The entire movie I laughed and enjoyed all the performances but fucking aye if I did not get a little emotional and teary-eyed watching him.

That was the movie of the summer... that was the movie of the year... top it. I don't see it happening. Good luck to Chris Nolan if he goes on to make a 3rd because I will be there once again but I have no idea how you will make it any better than the one I saw just 5 hours ago. Effing aye I need some sleep. The only thing that annoyed me in this movie was Christian Bale's Batman voice... but I have issues with the voices that he picks up for a few of his movies (American Psycho). Can't wait to go see the movie in IMAX! I take my hat off to you Dark Knight creators... thank you for an amazing 2.5 hours.

Now I take my leave of you. I have more ramblings for later but right now I do not have the brain function to make it through.

1 comments:

L said...

The movie was phenomenal. I can't tell you how much I loved it.