BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Book List


So I received Barnes and Noble gift cards, anyone that knows me understand that there is no better gift (besides money) to give me. I bought ten books and only had to spend $1.85 of my own money!! Woot, Woot! Thank something for the B&N sale.

So until I start school and have to read school books, this is my current list:

1. Fame Junkies - Jake Halpern: explores our obsession with celebrity culture
2. Hope's Edge - Frances Moore Lappe: vegetarianism
3. Nothing Feels Good: Punk Rock, Teenagers and Emo - Andy Greenwald
4. Audrey Hepburn - Barry Paris: Duh, Audrey's biography. I love her.
5. On Beauty - Zadie Smith
6. The Portable Obituary - Michael Largo: How the powerful, rich and famous really died.
7. A Piece of Cake - Cupcake Brown: A memoir
8. Elizabeth - J. Randy Taroborrelli: Elizabeth Taylor biography, did she really have violet eyes when she was young? That is freaking awesome.
9. Not the Girl Next Door - Charlotte Chandler: A Joan Crawford biography
10. True Grace - Wendy Leigh: A Grace Kelly biography
11. Driving with Dead People - Monica Halloway: A Memoir
12. Rhett Bhutler's People - Donald McCaig: The authorized novel based on Gone With The Wind

That is the current list. Yeah, that is a lot of reading.

I will get through it cus I love books! In other news, 2009 has been good so far. I got a raise, which was exciting! We are really planning the new space and making plans for the growing practice. Started working at a yoga studio with Cassie. We don't get paid but we get all the yoga we can take which is super fantastic. No excuse to not go! Love it. Still working on my goal for July and have added another cool one. You only live once and well it is time to take the reins. So I'm off to get stuff done. Oh and I got a new laptop! Cus the other one pretty much died. It was time.

2 comments:

Maria said...

You should meet my sister, Patrice. She ADORES memoirs. I think you would have a lot to talk about.

KatBouska said...

Oh my gosh if you're buying that many books in a visit I can only imagine what your collection looks like! I love reading too and I'm trying to get back into reading mode. Right now I'm working on The Poisonwood Bible and Alonzo Mournings biography. That one's totally random. I know. But I'm like you, I love biographies and memoirs!!