BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Let's do this quick and dirty.

I will be MIA for a bit. The office is moving this week so that is consuming some time. I have finals next week so that is consuming my life. And I have been nominated for and taken the Secretary position of Student Council at school. Yeah, I'm fucking crazy. I will most certainly post up my schedule next time so you can see why I'm going to explode starting in September.

Without further ado... let me post some pics from Rhode Island.


Ok so ignore my double chin and sweatiness. This is probably 2.5 hours of sitting in Connecticut. I hate Connecticut. We spent 4 hours in traffic when it should have taken 1.5. It was awful. Here are some examples of what Cassie and I came up with while sitting in hell:

Dear Connecticut,
You have more red lights than the district in Amsterdam.
Love, Us

Dear Connecticut,
Do us all a favor and split yourself between Rhode Island, Mass and NY. We would appreciate it.
Love, Us

Dear Connecticut,
I am pretty fucking sure you are the worst state in the union. Please kill yourself.
Love, Us (Notice the anger building)

Dear Connecticut,
I thoroughly enjoy speeding down your highway at 20mph.
Love, Us

Dear Connecticut,
Your existence makes me ashamed to be an American.
Regards, Us

You can't really see it but that says Welcome to Rhode Island. I have never been so happy to see something in my life. A 3 hour trip took us 6.5 hours. I fucking hate Connecticut. There are only 49 states in my USA now.











Ok so we got there late, somehow Cassie and I planned our trip during Restaurant Week. Fantastic timing cus we are fat girls and Restaurant Week allowed us to eat at some really cool local restaurants. The first night was Local 121, which only uses produce from no more than an hour away. It was delicious.

We ended the night at this bar that has a beer club with 99 beers. I had a framboise and the ladies tried some wild beers. The first night was good. Sadly, Cassie and I missed having any time to go out and explore but it was a great night.







It's all about food when you have Cassie and I together. We stayed with her friend Juhi and went to brunch here before we set out to explore Providence. Cute place, delicious omelettes... love local stuff!














So the most fantastic thing about Juhi, besides her letting us crash on her extra bed, was that she lived in the historic district of Providence. So all the amazing historical houses (like Henry Miller's) were all nearby. This house was amazing. There were many amazing houses and me loving architecture I took a picture of just about every single one of them.







Very nice. I swear one day I will live in a house that has a plaque on it telling you when it was built and by whom. Oh my heart.







This was probably my favorite.
















BROWN UNIVERSITY MOTHERFUCKERS!

Oh you have no idea, we walked the campus, pretended we were students, took pictures of everything. Went to the bookstore and bought sweatshirts. Yes I now own a brown BROWN hoodie. And yes I wear it, it may be the middle of the summer and sweltering but I will wear it anyways. And dream... dream a little dream of attending an Ivy League school... that I should have done regardless. Why did I doubt myself?!? I could've been an Ivy Leaguer. FML. This was the highlight of the trip.
Um, so the grass at BROWN was the prettiest grass ever and I had to roll around in it.


We walked Providence for 7 hours that day. Went to Indiefest for a bit, which was all local bands on 4 stages and lots of local merchants. I have so many photos!!!! That night also led to meeting some of Juhi's friends (who were fucking awesome) and hanging out til 4 in the morning.






Dancing at some bar.












Baby Got Back was playing. Much dancing.












Sunday we went to the beach in Cape Cod. Gregg, Juhi's friend, invited us up to Sandwich, Mass and we went! It was a super cute town and the perfect ending to the weekend.


There are many beach photos. We hung out here, I got some color and then we headed out to this little boardwalk that Gregg wanted to show us. Super cool and would have been romantic for a couple.









It was effing gorgeous on this boardwalk. Love the photos that I got from there. We went to eat after this and then headed back to Rhode Island. Then Cassie and I got our shit together and headed home. It was about 11:30pm and we did not want traffic in Connecticut so we were willing to make the trek back that late at night. This time we got home in 3 hours. Cassie was home at 2:30 and I was home before 3.



Dear Connecticut,
Like a prostitute, you are best visited under cover of darkness.
Love, Us

262 photos later it was an amazing weekend. Ok so if I make a Flickr account, I can attach my photos to here right? Cus my photos are kind of fun if you want to go through them. I would be welcome for any information you have on how to make that work.

And now I take my leave of you. I have another couple blogs in me... one about dishonesty (had an experience) and of course another about the boy in the band that I love. And I'm sure I will have plenty about school once it is all done. This was not quick or dirty. Sorry I lied.

0 comments: